Ethos and Values
In accordance with the Trust wide Principles, Aims & Ethos (click here for link) the individual ethos & values specific to South Farnham School are as follows:
Honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect for each other as human beings, acceptance and encouragement of diversity (talents, personalities, cultures) are the basis upon which we operate daily. We see these values as forming a direct link with the achievement of the aims of the school.
We aim to help our children, with the co-operation of their parents, to
- develop into happy and confident individuals with a secure foundation in learning that will last throughout their lives.
- develop lively and enquiring minds through knowledge with understanding.
- establish a command of the subjects contained in the National Curriculum.
- value and understand religious and moral beliefs and develop a respect for
- the views of others.
- understand something of the world in which we live with regard for our mutual dependence on others as individuals, groups and nations.
- appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
We try to do this by providing
- a school environment in which they can enjoy developing their mental and physical abilities.
- whole school and individual staff professional development which ensures the highest quality of teaching and learning.
- opportunities to work with other children and adults in a friendly atmosphere and so develop social skills in co-operating with each other.
- an environment that vigorously pursues excellence.
We have wider aims to
- play our part in raising national standards in education through sharing good practice with other schools and teachers across the country.
- take a leading role in national initiatives and be in the forefront of educational thinking.